The client: Kyiv City Administration of Ukraine
The challenge: Drugs prescription traditionally involved numerous repetitive operations and a huge amount of unnecessary paperwork. The solution which would help to get rid of manual information entrance, reduce the number of repetitive operations to the minimum, and improve the level of transparency in the process of drugs prescription in general, was required.
The solution: The development of a cloud-based e-prescription information system for the web and mobile interfaces would allow doctors, patients, and pharmacists to enable drugs prescription with a higher level of transparency.
Users and Their Capabilities
The e-prescription information system was created for the following categories of users:
- Citizens (including insulin-dependent patients). For monitoring 24/7 of data on the list of prescribed by the doctor and sold in the pharmacies prescription preparations through the personal cabinet of the patient;
- Doctors of health care institutions. For automated support of the processes of assigning medical treatment and writing of prescriptions, automation of the need formation for the privileged medicines for the next period on the basis of the System data
- Health authorities of the local government. For monitoring the rationality of appointing medicines, preparations procurement organization in the necessary volumes and sale control of the privileged preparations;
- Pharmacies. For obtaining information about assigned under the prescription preparations and transferring data on sale of preparations to the electronic register of the prescriptions.
The Goals of the E-prescription Inforamtion System Development
- To introduce higher social security standards and improve the quality and efficiency of healthcare services and minimize the possibility of the fraudulent activities.
- To create and implement an efficient, transparent mechanism for more personalized delivery of medications;
- To improve prescription accuracy and save time for healthacare specialists;
- To personalize the written prescription record;
- To reduce the number of phone calls and faxes related to prescription refill authorizations;
- To reduce the amount of manually entered prescription data;
- To generate statistical reports for the relevant compliance authorities;
- To set up registries of chronically ill patients, with a special focus on insulin-dependent individuals; etc.
Softengi Team Contribution
Addressing all the client’s requirements and expectations, the Softengi team delivered a system rich in functionality. Further, utilizing cloud technologies made the solution cost-effective.
One important function of the system was personalized records for written prescriptions. Patients could be identified in any of several ways: passport data, insurance number, or municipal ID card.
Moreover, the E-Prescription Information System contained the following “electronic offices” (eOffices) for different types of users: the doctor/family doctor eOffice, the patient eOffice, and the governmental eOffice (for controls and statistical analysis).
A critical requirement was the protection of personal and clinical data. For this purpose, the solution provided the use of digital signatures by doctors and traffic encryption during data transfers.
Open interfaces were used to simplify the E-Prescription Information System’s integration with other medical applications and pharmacy accounting systems which allowed the exchange of information related to prescriptions and medications.
The E-Prescription Information System provided a means for printing out medical prescriptions with barcodes enabling automatic integration with pharmacies and other systems.
Also, the system offered the ability to generate statistical reports for the relevant governmental agencies. Representative features included preferential prescriptions for specific medical needs, the availability of specific medications in stock, and possible alternatives for replacement.
The Softengi team successfully delivered a web application that provided effective, fully integrated interaction between patients, doctors, insurance companies, and other vested parties.
WhTech-WMS: Warehouse Management Software
With WhTech-WMS you can manage access and always know the location of your assets. It allows you to create custom reports and keep an eye on real-time alerts due to crashes or emergencies which gives you the opportunity to always monitor and understand the status of your equipment.
Police Records Management System For Caribbean Countries
Softengi designed, built, and installed the Police Records Management Information System (PRMIS) for the Caribbean region.
Industrial Asset Tracking: IoT Solution On Guard of Coal Mines
Softengi developed an IoT system that retrofits mining facilities with real-time underground tracking, automated dynamic gas detection, advanced connectivity, and alarm.