Web portal solutions serve one major purpose: they provide authorized access to the information in a web browser.
These are basically secure websites that provide users with single-point access to the most relevant information. Web portals usually accumulate tons of various content ( e-mail, documents, surveys, chats, polls… etc), structure it and have an effective and easy to use interface to work with this content. Web portals development is getting more and more popular because in a reality each and every business has a pool of sensitive information it needs to share with employees, vendors, partners, clients.
TYPES OF MODERN WEB PORTALS
There are different types of web portals: B2B &B2C customer web portals, corporate web portals, vendor web portals, employee web portals, learning web portals. Though they share the same basic architecture, they have different purposes and, thus, there are distinctive features that differentiate them.
Client web portals are supposed to give clients ( both B2B and B2C) access to the information which is relevant for them: product catalogs, policies, invoices, payments, deliveries. Сlient web portals speed up the communication between businesses and clients and make automate the majority of operations.
Vendor or partner web portals are basically online platforms for multiple vendors and partners respectively who aim to work with the core business that created this portal. Web portal solutions have the possibility of online bidding and quotes posting and review, invoice and payment issuance.
Learning web portals are created for users who want to study new information in a comfortable digital environment. For these purposes, many businesses, educational institutions, courses create web porta software. E-learning web portals allow customers get access to the information they need in a comfortable manner, pass tests, track their progress with the help of data analytic tools.
Employee/corporate portals are the must for the companies that undergo digital transformation. These portals incorporate multiple features for effective communication and collaboration of the employees: content management, chats, forums, documents exchange, employee training. Softengi, one of the leading web portal development companies on the Eastern-European market has extensive experience which we would love to share.
EMPLOYEE/CORPORATE WEB PORTAL SOLUTIONS
Employee/ corporate portals are all about effective information sharing, transparency, and accessibility of corporate processes. Web portals can be beneficial if there are one or several issues the company aims to solve:
- Ineffective operational activity, many duplicated processes. Lack of unification and transparency leads to time & money losses.
- Poor and superficial knowledge/document management processes of the employees.
- Unconsolidated database of content. Employees keep business-related information on personal computers or in a cloud.
- Ineffective and chaotic communication between colleagues performed via multiple channels which leads to repetitive processes and inability to track the results of this communication.
- The process of hiring & onboarding is puzzling and is not systematic.
- No possibility to track historical data of operational processes.
- No possibility of employees to contact C- level specialists directly
- Ineffective collaboration in terms of remote offices. Sometimes the companies which have offices in numerous
- No possibility to reach the employees who don’t work in front of their PCs, like in case of a plant or a factory
- Unclear and ineffective data visualization.
Employee portals or corporate portals are equally important for the HR department as well as for the COO, CIO, CFO, and CMO. Corporate web portals become hubs for communication, cooperation and all sorts of interaction between employees.
ADDITIONAL PERKS WE OFFER FOR CORPORATE WEB PORTALS
A Tool for Data Visualization. It turns out that many non-technical specialists like project managers, operational managers want to see the analytics of all the processes going on inside the enterprise web portal via a comprehensible and user-friendly medium. That’s where Kibana comes in hand. It’s an effective data exploration and visualization solution.
Using common statistics tools, such as histograms, pie charts or heat maps, web portal users get access to operational intelligence. Also, Kibana is closely integrated with the Elasticsearch, one of the most effective analytics and search engines on the market.
Smart Survey – a Tool for Data Accumulation. Consolidation of the information is impossible without regular surveys. Many companies accumulate valuable data from the employees’, clients’, partners’ questionnaires to extend the general picture with the most up-to-date data. In most cases, they use popular survey templates available on the market, such as Google Survey or Survey Monkey. This approach proves to be ineffective and, what is more important, insecure. Smart survey solutions help companies collect sensitive data, process and analyze it.
ALL MODERN PORTALS HAVE TO BE:
- Mobile/tablet – friendly web portals. The majority of modern users prefer to have access to the information they need the minute they understand this need.
- Easy Content Management. One of the major purposes of any portal is to provide users with access to the information they need and the ability to add this information when required. We have our own CMS which gives users the possibility to create different pages on the basis of the set of templates or create a unique interface using specific color schemes.
- UI/UX Friendly Web Portals. As portals are aimed to alleviate the navigation of users between tons of various content. Without friendly UI/UX any web portal, regardless of the amount of useful information, any web portal is useless.
- Integrations with the systems that are important to the clients.
- Cloud storage or on-premises solution. Cloud storage is not an option anymore, it’s a necessity: only cloud storage (it can be AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- ADA compliance (American Disability Act) which means that people with disabilities must be able to reach the information on the web portal easily.
The main purpose of creating web portals is the desire to provide users with a multifunctional platform that will combine services in various areas of activity within one coherent concept.
Developing a web portal software can solve the following tasks for a business. Automation of repetitive processes – integration with various systems allows you to be in touch with users, quickly provide them with the necessary information and personalize the business. Сonsolidation of information – the portal allows you to create a point of concentration of narrow-profile information. This can be a specific topic, communication and document management for a company, discussion of issues in one of the areas of life, and so on. Security. Web portal software is created so that only authorized users can get access to it.