Project Description and Challenges
The Softengi team was involved in implementing a mobile app development platform that enables non-programmers from different organizations to design, develop, and test custom mobile as well as web apps running on a range of devices without any coding.
The platform is similar to the solutions offered by market leaders such as IBM MobileFirst™ and SAP Mobile Platform.
Our primary tasks were to:
- Support the visual representation of the created app in the browser;
- Support the mobile version of the app.
We also had to:
- Ensure simultaneous interaction with both mobile and web apps;
- Make both versions able to accept the changed data;
- Design UI/UX for the visual representation of the web app.
The customer provided us with the ready-made API. So our development team had to adjust itself to the created solution and make improvements.
To support the visual representation of the created app in the browser, we used a Single Page Application pattern.
Our team also developed several UI/UX solutions, coordinated them with both customers, and harmonized them with the mobile version of the app.
The eventually developed platform is a sort of a no-code mobile, as well as web app builder.
It has the following features:
- Possibility to build several different apps for different purposesbased on similar approach and appearance of forms.
- Customization of color palettes for each individual app.
- Ability to create multiple forms of the app with a specifically set workflow (to walk through the business processes; initiate actions, like sending notifications, submitting information, generating PDFs, etc.).
- Apps built can accept new data or use a dataset predefined in the builder.
- Ability to choose a set of fields to be included in the form, e.g.: Text (Single Line), Paragraph, Number, Time/Date, Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, On/Off Switch, Description Area, Calculated Field, Camera, Section combining several fields, Signature, Itemizer, Draw Annotation, Location Capture, or Bar Code.
- All fields selected by the user in the app builder are displayed to the end user as a mobile app or a web app.
Schticks of the Platform
- Both mobile (iOS, Android) and web apps are built simultaneously;
- No coding is required at all;
- App testing and deployment is managed in just several clicks.
No-code Application Builder automates any routine processes and can be easily managed by non-technical administrators.
Apps built with this solution can be used for a variety of business purposes in many industries including but not limited to:
- Government Services,
- Sales & Marketing.
* The client and solution names are under a non-disclosure agreement.
Information System of Unified State Registers
The System is being developed to facilitate registrars’ access to multiple registers and improve their performance, as well as to enable citizens to get high-quality administrative services.
National Electronic Registry of Anthropogenic Emissions and Absorption of Greenhouse Gases
In 2004, Ukraine ratified the Kyoto Protocol, under which it needed to implement a national registry system, where the Kyoto units would be held in the name of the government and tracked at all times.
Emission Tracking System. Breakthrough in EHS industry
Helping business worldwide to stay environmentally friendly.