Project Description and Challenges
The Softengi team was involved in implementing a mobile app development platform that enables non-programmers from different organizations to design, develop, and test custom mobile as well as web apps running on a range of devices without any coding.
The platform is similar to the solutions offered by market leaders such as IBM MobileFirst™ and SAP Mobile Platform.
Our primary tasks were to:
- Support the visual representation of the created app in the browser;
- Support the mobile version of the app.
We also had to:
- Ensure simultaneous interaction with both mobile and web apps;
- Make both versions able to accept the changed data;
- Design UI/UX for the visual representation of the web app.
The customer provided us with the ready-made API. So our development team had to adjust itself to the created solution and make improvements.
To support the visual representation of the created app in the browser, we used a Single Page Application pattern.
Our team also developed several UI/UX solutions, coordinated them with both customers, and harmonized them with the mobile version of the app.
The eventually developed platform is a sort of a no-code mobile, as well as web app builder.
It has the following features:
- Possibility to build several different apps for different purposes based on similar approach and appearance of forms.
- Customization of color palettes for each individual app.
- Ability to create multiple forms of the app with a specifically set workflow (to walk through the business processes; initiate actions, like sending notifications, submitting information, generating PDFs, etc.).
- Apps built can accept new data or use a dataset predefined in the builder.
- Ability to choose a set of fields to be included in the form, e.g.: Text (Single Line), Paragraph, Number, Time/Date, Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, On/Off Switch, Description Area, Calculated Field, Camera, Section combining several fields, Signature, Itemizer, Draw Annotation, Location Capture, or Bar Code.
- All fields selected by the user in the app builder are displayed to the end user as a mobile app or a web app.
Schticks of the Platform
- Both mobile (iOS, Android) and web apps are built simultaneously;
- No coding is required at all;
- App testing and deployment is managed in just several clicks.
No-code Application Builder automates any routine processes and can be easily managed by non-technical administrators.
Apps built with this solution can be used for a variety of business purposes in many industries including but not limited to:
- Government Services,
- Sales & Marketing.
* The client and solution names are under a non-disclosure agreement.
Telemedicine app. How we developed Uber for Medical Services
The leaders of any business, whether it is small, large or medium, obliged to pay impressive sums of money for employees' insurance. Yet, this top technology can reduce the expenditures significantly. Yes, we are talking about telemedicine. Employers can reduce insurance costs by 3 times. You will find evidence of such incredible statistics in the article.
AR app for Product Configuration
A short visual story about our AR application that solves the problem of the product demonstration for customers. And it doesn’t matter what kind of product it is: a designer sofa, a powerful UAV, or even a prototype of the house on Mars. Only a smartphone is required to work with the AR application. Using AR app sales & marketing managers and technical specialist can show even the bulkiest products to their customers without filling piles of docs for DHL.
OCR App to Increase the Efficiency of the Logistics Department
Nowadays, every company is trying to get as far away from paper workflow as possible. The digitization process is carried out everywhere. And what will happen if we say that it is possible to increase the number of signed documents by 4 times? After all, documentation is such a big problem in such an industry as logistics. How exactly one application can give impetus to the development of logistics companies is described below.