The Voice Recognition Checklist App is specially developed to be used in any activity, which requires strict abidance by rules, ease of movements and logical sequence of taken steps. The App can be easily adapted to any industry, which not permits human mistakes and random actions.
Within Anesthetic Process, as well as any other medical procedures, the most vital task remains to guarantee safety and comfort of patients. Pursuing this aim anesthesiologists get to use Anesthesia Safety Checklists to ensure that all significant measures are taken and the patient’s anesthetic is managed by recognizing and minimizing risks.
Even using such checklists, doctors still face a lot of challenges:
- to outline an appropriate order in which to perform key points in the anaesthetic process
- to ensure that critical safety steps are performed before moving to key points
- to maintain effective team communication.
It is not the checklists themselves that are important, but the effective performance of the safety actions and communication.
To help doctors in managing above mentioned tasks, Softengi has developed a Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App.
Challenges we met
When Softengi’s team started its work on this project, we had a lot of tasks to accomplish. First of all, our client asked us to develop an app that could free the anaesthetists of using their hands while applying safe checklists within an anesthetic process.
Moreover we strived to provide anaesthetists and their teams with easy access to different anaesthetic and surgery checklists, ensuring the highest level of interaction between team members. So our goal was to make a voice controlled App, which would be user-friendly, fully functional, customizable, and highly stable. Due to the offline voice control technology and more than 20 functional settings available for the App, Softengi succeeded in meeting the client’s requirements.
“We believe, that Voice Recognition Checklist Apps are able to improve any highly complex operational process. We can easily customize the application for the needs of logistics, military, energy, litigation and even industrial sphere. And this list of related industries is far from being completed. Voice Recognition Assistants have a huge potential for actual use”
What’s the solution and how it works
Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App is an application allowing anesthetists and their teams to manage different surgery checklists within anesthetic processes using only their voice.
In the operating room doctors uses voice commands to check each item from the anesthetic checklist in a logical sequence: “anesthetic machine check”, “enough oxygen available”, “breathing system connected”…The Application informs the team, which action has been performed and which action should be performed next. With that, the anesthetist doesn’t even hold the device or look at the screen.
Personal Checklist Chains
Work in background
Using Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App give doctors extra value, which might not be obvious to everyone at first.
- Offline voice recognition is ensured. If your hospital doesn’t have permanent internet connection or your Wi-Fi works intermittently – it will not hinder your work and the safety of the patient is ensured due to the fact that.
- App reminds you about all the logical consequent points of the anaesthetic checklist. You will not be afraid to miss any crucial step within the anaesthetic process
- All interactions with checklists are performed through voice commands.You are completely concentrated on the process, not distracting on switching tasks on the table or checking the next step at the screen.
- All checklists can be personally created, modified, imported, or exported with the ability to develop – if required – logical checklist chains.
- You will easily adapt your anaesthetic procedure according to each patient’s needs and requirements, taking into account the health and safety of your patient.
- The App works in the background and can be used with other apps running in the foreground. Meanwhile using the Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App, you can also use any other action on your device.
- The App allows you to divide checklists into customizable groups and categories, thus creating a clear and comfortable users structure. After installing the Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App, you will have all your anaesthetic checklists procedures in your personal organizer.
Prospects of using
The Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App, streamlines the work of professionals and excludes the human fault factor from this specific process. The solution can be easily customized to be used for different purposes in a variety of industries, like:
- In other healthcare specialties;
- In investment and audit;
- In logistics and freight (e.g., to check the readiness of tracks or ships);
- In professional diving (e.g., to conduct equipment preparation checks);
- In civil litigation (e.g., to deal with the complexity of discovery and motions practice);
- At electric power plants (e.g., to check the systems’ security);
- For system administrators (e.g., to conduct system installation);
- For lifeguards (e.g., to equip emergency survival kits);
- In other industries involving inspections, investigations, security checks, audit, or inventory checks.
“I believe that we’ll not only be using the keyboard and the mouse to interact, but during that time we will have perfected speech recognition and speech output well enough that those will become a standard part of the interface”
To estimate the effectiveness of applied technology in the medical sphere, Softengi has conducted an analysis of short-term results. On the basis of this investigation, we can make the following predictions about the implementation performance of the Voice Controlled Checklist App:
Reducing anesthetic errors by as much as 42% (provided that previously checklists weren’t used within the anesthetic process at all);
Involvement of nursing staff in the Safety Checklists Process, thus enhancing their competence in the anesthesia procedure;
Implementation of a double check mechanism, supposed that safety steps are checked twice: by the doctor himself as well as by the nurse using the Voice Controlled Anesthetic Checklist App.
Reducing anesthetic errors by as much as 9% (provided that previously checklists were used within the anesthetic process in the common way, but without Voice Controlled App); An 11% rising indication of successfully completed surgeries.
Telemedicine app. How we developed Uber for Medical Services
The leaders of any business, whether it is small, large or medium, obliged to pay impressive sums of money for employees' insurance. Yet, this top technology can reduce the expenditures significantly. Yes, we are talking about telemedicine. Employers can reduce insurance costs by 3 times. You will find evidence of such incredible statistics in the article.
AR app for Product Configuration
A short visual story about our AR application that solves the problem of the product demonstration for customers. And it doesn’t matter what kind of product it is: a designer sofa, a powerful UAV, or even a prototype of the house on Mars. Only a smartphone is required to work with the AR application. Using AR app sales & marketing managers and technical specialist can show even the bulkiest products to their customers without filling piles of docs for DHL.
OCR App to Increase the Efficiency of the Logistics Department
Nowadays, every company is trying to get as far away from paper workflow as possible. The digitization process is carried out everywhere. And what will happen if we say that it is possible to increase the number of signed documents by 4 times? After all, documentation is such a big problem in such an industry as logistics. How exactly one application can give impetus to the development of logistics companies is described below.