What should you be aware of ?
Scenarios of cyber security breaches are diverse and unpredictable.
At the very beginning you become frightened of the idea – what if your project goals will be disclosed to your competitors?
Within the process of software development two fears continue haunting you: the project team could accidentally or purposely disclose your data (which is more unlikely) or project artefacts could become inaccessible, or damaged, or unauthorised entered (grounds for this may be different).
Even at the operational stage your nightmare will not end – your software could become severely hacked. Such cyber attacks usually result in the inсorrect work of your software and also substantial leaking of confidential data.
How you can prevent data leak?
Your future will not look so unfortunate, if you are able to protect yourself beforehand. Here we give you a few effective measures, how to prevent data leaking in your software development projects.
- First of all, you have to agree with your outsourcing company about common integrity of the secure procedure. Strictly define and note every rule of cooperation and communication between both sides in the process. Such a step will automatically assure you, that all activities taken within the development procedure don’t fall outside the scope of the defined limits.
- List all sorts of confidential information relevant to the project. Thereto, you should specify requirements for protection of its access, storage and transmission. Such demands are obligatory for the executive company to meet.
- We recommend to confirm above mentioned requirements in the relevant Non Disclosure Agreements and other acceptable for you doсuments. In this way you will avoid non-abidance of the claimed requirements by someone of the project team.
- At the earliest stages of the development process, declare your requirements regarding cyber attack protection. Developed software or application shouldn’t in any way be exposed to vulnerabilities of the hackers’ breaches. Make sure, your outsourcing company have provided you with an adequate level of cyber security at the stage of product development, as well as for the operational stage.
What about your counterpart?
As a client you don’t have to take care about data leak prevention just by yourself, your executive company should also take some responsibility. For instance, Softengi has developed its own complex of data security measures. Being an outsourcing company we are deeply concerned about our reputation and security of developed products for our clients.
So within the software development process, we apply two significant tools:
- There is a Cyber Security Certified Management System operating in the company. The system works on the basis of international standard (ISO/IEC 27001:2013), which provides secured development, implementation and support of software and information systems.
- Our company applies Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP). These services help us to determine the application security level, needed to protect our client(s) from modern cyber threats.
“Data protection is an essential part of every business strategy. Measures designed for cyber security should be accomplished to the full and on an ongoing basis. Make sure, you have taken all possible steps to secure your information and your business!”
Dmitry DNEPROVSKY, Information Security Manager, Softengi
If you want to enhance security of your software development, as well as to ensure cybersecurity for your business in general, please complete contact form to receive a consultation from our information security specialist.
Information System of Unified State Registers
The System is being developed to facilitate registrars’ access to multiple registers and improve their performance, as well as to enable citizens to get high-quality administrative services.
National Electronic Registry of Anthropogenic Emissions and Absorption of Greenhouse Gases
In 2004, Ukraine ratified the Kyoto Protocol, under which it needed to implement a national registry system, where the Kyoto units would be held in the name of the government and tracked at all times.
Emission Tracking System. Breakthrough in EHS industry
Helping business worldwide to stay environmentally friendly.