What should you be aware of ?
Scenarios of cyber security breaches are diverse and unpredictable.
At the very beginning you become frightened of the idea – what if your project goals will be disclosed to your competitors?
Within the process of software development two fears continue haunting you: the project team could accidentally or purposely disclose your data (which is more unlikely) or project artefacts could become inaccessible, or damaged, or unauthorised entered (grounds for this may be different).
Even at the operational stage your nightmare will not end – your software could become severely hacked. Such cyber attacks usually result in the inсorrect work of your software and also substantial leaking of confidential data.
How you can prevent data leak?
Your future will not look so unfortunate, if you are able to protect yourself beforehand. Here we give you a few effective measures, how to prevent data leaking in your software development projects.
- First of all, you have to agree with your outsourcing company about common integrity of the secure procedure. Strictly define and note every rule of cooperation and communication between both sides in the process. Such a step will automatically assure you, that all activities taken within the development procedure don’t fall outside the scope of the defined limits.
- List all sorts of confidential information relevant to the project. Thereto, you should specify requirements for protection of its access, storage and transmission. Such demands are obligatory for the executive company to meet.
- We recommend to confirm above mentioned requirements in the relevant Non Disclosure Agreements and other acceptable for you doсuments. In this way you will avoid non-abidance of the claimed requirements by someone of the project team.
- At the earliest stages of the development process, declare your requirements regarding cyber attack protection. Developed software or application shouldn’t in any way be exposed to vulnerabilities of the hackers’ breaches. Make sure, your outsourcing company have provided you with an adequate level of cyber security at the stage of product development, as well as for the operational stage.
What about your counterpart?
As a client you don’t have to take care about data leak prevention just by yourself, your executive company should also take some responsibility. For instance, Softengi has developed its own complex of data security measures. Being an outsourcing company we are deeply concerned about our reputation and security of developed products for our clients.
So within the software development process, we apply two significant tools:
- There is a Cyber Security Certified Management System operating in the company. The system works on the basis of international standard (ISO/IEC 27001:2013), which provides secured development, implementation and support of software and information systems.
- Our company applies Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) and Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP). These services help us to determine the application security level, needed to protect our client(s) from modern cyber threats.
“Data protection is an essential part of every business strategy. Measures designed for cyber security should be accomplished to the full and on an ongoing basis. Make sure, you have taken all possible steps to secure your information and your business!”
Dmitry DNEPROVSKY, Information Security Manager, Softengi
If you want to enhance security of your software development, as well as to ensure cybersecurity for your business in general, please complete contact form to receive a consultation from our information security specialist.
Telemedicine app. How we developed Uber for Medical Services
The leaders of any business, whether it is small, large or medium, obliged to pay impressive sums of money for employees' insurance. Yet, this top technology can reduce the expenditures significantly. Yes, we are talking about telemedicine. Employers can reduce insurance costs by 3 times. You will find evidence of such incredible statistics in the article.
AR app for Product Configuration
A short visual story about our AR application that solves the problem of the product demonstration for customers. And it doesn’t matter what kind of product it is: a designer sofa, a powerful UAV, or even a prototype of the house on Mars. Only a smartphone is required to work with the AR application. Using AR app sales & marketing managers and technical specialist can show even the bulkiest products to their customers without filling piles of docs for DHL.
OCR App to Increase the Efficiency of the Logistics Department
Nowadays, every company is trying to get as far away from paper workflow as possible. The digitization process is carried out everywhere. And what will happen if we say that it is possible to increase the number of signed documents by 4 times? After all, documentation is such a big problem in such an industry as logistics. How exactly one application can give impetus to the development of logistics companies is described below.